Saturday, March 24, 2007

Transparent: Web Applications

I usually do not do reviews, but here are a few web applications I think are worth looking at.

* Google Reader: With the same flexibility and power of Gmail, you can now have your own online RSS reader. With a powerful interface and easy to use options and tag features. I liked how dynamic it is, and how easy it is to browse and check for new feed items.

* BackPackit: I've heard of this many times before I decided to use it. Currently the best use I have for it is planning my custom PC. I'm planning to build one from scratch and it is perfect for organizing all the data, links, and information i need for this project.

* Co.mments: I'm not much of a "commenter" type when it comes to blogs, but there are quite a few that I do comment on, and what better way to track replies than this website? You simply click the bookmarklet to track the post, and you are instantly subscribed. You can access your tracking page with a click. But the best feature is the RSS feed for the tracking page. Now I can track new posts and new comments with my (Google) rss reader!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting applications; the last one is appealing. More importantly, I like the layout! ;p

Anonymous said...

What's with the new layout? doesn't go with the feeling that u get from the display pic :p

Transparently said...

cixousianpanic,
Thanks :P Mostly I use co.mments for blogger ursers cause Wordpress has an all comments RSS feed. Blogger has that feature but you have to enable it, as I have on the right :P

Howahkan,
Don't like the new layout? I was thinking it doesn't go with my name, blue.. green.. I might leave it as just transparently :P I'm looking for a new picture.. something more dynamic

Anonymous said...

It's not that i don't like the layout, bare in mind that it kinda reminds of me of Lord of The Rings :), but like u said the green layout just doesn't go with ur name :/ Your display pic gives of a dark feeling..

It would be cool if you can try and get like a transparent background/layout..just play around with it...Goodluck :)

Anonymous said...

Check this site out.. This is the kind of feeling that i get from ur display pic (007 one)..I liked the first wallpaper, with the blue walls, and the 6th one, with the black background and gold gun..Just some ideas :) I know its a bit violent :/

http://www.topdark.com/TOPDARK%20Wallpapers/Album7.htm

Transparently said...

Thanks for the website! It is taking ages to load though. However, I changed my profile picture.. this is more "me" right now I'm cool with it.

This profile is kind of a LOTR layout, its called "Hobbit" lol.. I think I'm in a very organic/nature/holistic kind of mindset right now.

Transparently said...

I love that! I could waste a whole day at work *cough* blog hopping :p