Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Transparent

I chose this name for the purpose of being transparent here in this place. This is why many like to be anonymous, it makes sharing a whole lot easier. Today I bring you a self discovery, a quite interesting one, which was not clear until this morning.

Have you ever thought to yourself, that you alone, are your thoughts, your being. When you look in the mirror who do you see? How well do you know yourself? I looked at myself today, and saw a different person. I touched the mirror and asked the person in the mirror, "Who are you? Why do you do that..."

I do not believe I was ever too proud of myself, but I believed and enjoyed everyone telling me how smart I was, especially at a much younger age. I felt special. My reports were always, "Smart, Clever, Has great potential but needs to work harder." -- That was me. I never liked working hard, I never felt it was ever needed! Today however I see this world as a very different place than it was before.

As a young boy, I loved to question things, "What If...." "What would happen..." and such questions never left my head. My curiosity led me to investigate and read books, break things (yes.. I broke nearly everything around the house to investigate it.. lol). There was always the question, "But, What if..."

The sad part, is that it grew with me, to a highly unstable level. Acting upon such unclear and unstable hypotheses created an imaginary world which I had lived in. One day, it crumbled, and left me miserable. I always thought those around me do not understand, that they do not see the big picture, that this world is chaotic and people are miserable. When in truth, that is not the case... We act upon what we know, not what we think.

Thinking too much never helps, especially if it is in the wrong direction.

5 comments:

Cuteberry said...

You say smart haaa? Clever?

Well, disappearing like that for the 2ND TIME is not a smart move AT ALL!!

However, You've been missed :)

Ohh and don't think too much.. Not in Ramadan anyways ;)

Transparently said...

Cuteberry,
Are you threatening me? :P Thank you for your sweet words, I'd blush, but the blood is no where near my face its in my feet now :P lol..

Mar,
Simple is good, you know you sometimes need the little *break* from it all.. thank you for stopping by, hope to see more of you :D Working hard.. is always going to be an issue, but that is just me heh.

the11thmuse said...

beautiful...

thinking breeds individuality

Transparently said...

Her,
I hope so.

The11thMuse,
How much individuality is really needed.. :) Thank you.

howahkan,
True, but if the question is more troublesome than the answer? :p

Transparently said...

Wishing, yeah but it never is easy to maintain, you stop for a split second then you're back to thinking very deeply.